This high quality aluminium Flexible Coupling Clamp is perfect for connecting a Stepper Motor to a Lead Screw.
The flexibility helps correct any misalignment.
- 100% Brand new and high quality
- *Inner Shaft Diameter: 5mmx8mm / 6.35mmx8mm / 8mmx8mm
- Material: Aluminium
- Colour: Silver
- Length: 25mm
- Outer Diameter: 20mm
- Type: Flexible Coupling Set Screw
6.35mm fits a NEMA 23 Stepper Motor while the 8mm fits our ACME Lead Screws.
It comes with the spiral cut in the middle along its length which makes it flexible so they can be fit to two shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects. Such couplings are also known as Beam coupling, helical coupling, Flexible coupling.
Some of the important features of flexible shaft coupling are,
- Helical cut makes them behave like a springy in the X Y and Z linear axis but not in the rotational axis. That means that you won’t get more backlash, hence they are suitable for precision CNC work.
- A coupling is a device which transmits power and torque. Couplings do not normally allow disconnection of shafts during operation. However, there are torque limiting couplings which can slip or disconnect when some torque limit exceeds.
- By careful selection, installation and maintenance of couplings, substantial savings are possible in reduced maintenance costs and downtime.
- It can protect the driving and driven shaft members against harmful effects because of misalignment of the shafts, sudden shock loads, shaft expansion or vibrations etc.
Gudiya Mittal (verified owner) –
Been using it for a while, I usually don’t write a review but this time I am truly convinced to write.
Abhik Pandey (verified owner) –
I got excellent support for this item. They were patient with me, and helped me solve my issue. I recommend this company 100%
Shamim Khan (verified owner) –
Good response from the support.